Friction Saw Blades
- Large Friction Saw Blade Applications: Steel tubes, grating, profiles, angles, rails, slabs, billets, and structural sections.
- Machines that use these saw blades include: Abbey, Etna, Dreistern, Mannesmann, Oto-Mills, MTM, Vai Seuthe, TRM, and Trennjäger.
- Friction saw blades spin at very high RPMs. These saw blades use flat toothed edges to create heat through friction in the work piece. When the application material cannot absorb heat anymore, a chip is torn away. The process is repeated continuously until the saw blade finishes the cut.
- Friction saws utilize a high number of teeth (low tooth pitch).
- Friction saw blades are completely hardened to 45+/-2 HRc and tempered. Generally, they are taper ground.
Listed below are the available sizes stocked for immediate shipping. Other sizes and tooth counts are available on a custom made basis. Please call for pricing on any of these saw blades.
Diameter x Thickness x Bore x # of Teeth
14" x 1/8" x 1" x 250T
14" x 1/8" x 1" x 300T
16" x 1/8" x 1" x 250T
16" x 1/8" x 1" x 300T
18" x 5/32" x 1" x 300T
20" x 5/32" x 1" x 300T
20" x 5/32" x 1" x 400T
20" x 3/16" x 1" x 300T
500mm x 4.0mm x 40mm x 300T
520mm x 4.0mm x 40mm x 300T
550mm x 4.0mm x 40mm x 300T
580mm x 4.0mm x 40mm x 300T